Jan 19, 2023
first part of this two-part series, we detailed the changes
coming to required minimum distributions and Roth accounts. In this
episode, we’ll work our way through more of the planning items in
SECURE Act 2.0, including spousal IRAs, qualified charitable
distributions, catch-up contributions, emergency savings accounts,
and required minimum distributions.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this
- How has the spousal IRA changed and what that means in
different situations? (3:08)
- Catch-up contributions in IRAs are now going to be indexed for
- In 2025, those aged 60-63 will be able to contribute more than
the catch-up contribution. (13:29)
- Starting in 2024, the max amount you can use for a qualified
charitable distribution will be indexed for inflation.
- The penalty for failing to take your RMD will be less starting
in 2023. (17:27)
- There are now more opportunities to take out emergency money
from your retirement accounts early without penalty.
- New opportunities to pay off student loans through employment.
Read more and get additional financial resources
Check out our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhQ-u12d60Z0HNCwwVubdQ